Elk Island Challenge

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Seeking pledges!



Hi! My name is Freya. I am 6 years old. I live in Edmonton with my mom and dad and twin sister, Stephie, and my cat, Chicken. I like to sing, dance, hike, swim, and help people. I have decided to hike all of the eleven trails listed at Elk Island National Park. I am doing this as a fundraiser to make money for the Friends of Elk Island Society. If I hike all of the trails, I will have walked 93.2 kilometres this summer. I may not be able to hike all of trail number 9 (Tawayik Lake Trail) because in the summer it gets flooded. That's not my fault, that's the lake's fault. I am going to hike as far as I can on number 9 and then hike back when we get to the flooded part, or we could puddle jump if it is not too big. I would like people to pledge money for every kilometre I hike. So, if you pledge one cent for every kilometre, you would pay the Friends of Elk Island Society ninety-three cents. If you pledge one dollar for every kilometre I hike, you would pay the society ninety-three dollars. That would help a lot of bison!

Please pledge your support in a comment below - make sure you leave some way of contacting you - or email your pledge to freyaht@gmail.com .

Thank you very much for helping me with my challenge!

IMPORTANT NOTE: F.E.I.S. is a registered charity - you will receive a charitable receipt following payment of your pledge to F.E.I.S.

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home